100 - 102 West Elkhorn
Millers Indian Village (100)
Old Fashioned Candy Store (102)
Built by Josephine Hupp and Miss Ella Hupp, the hotel was next door to Miss Foote's General Store. The hotel was subsequently sold to WH Darby. In 1913 a big snow stacked halfway up the entrance door. On Feb 11, 1922 a fire partially destroyed the building by the first recorded fire in the towns history. Later owners renamed it the Park Hotel. During the 1940s it was the "Jay Building" with the popular restaurant & cocktail lounge "Chez Jay". Indian Village has been in this spot since the 40s, having originally started nearby as the Miller Curio Shop.
All original website content © Copyright 2021