125 West Elkhorn
In the early days, this was a meat market, then "Rineharts Market". Later remodeled to resemble a southwestern building and known as the "Pueblo Building", The Taffy Shop first opened here (1934-1956) operating in the right side of the building, with a curio shop on the left. The far West/left side of the building was a separate unit, rented at one time to an insurance agency and later to Carl's Shoe Shine and Denver Post office. Carl would pick up papers in Longmontfor delivery boys to toss each day, and then he would shine shoes as the day went on.
"Tesora Bella" is a remnant of a prior long term tenant who retired in 2020.
All original website content © Copyright 2021